Mike doesn't like his stuff on YouTube?
Criswell
2007-08-27 17:25:58 UTC
I'd like to know why Mike objects to YouTube postings, because I just
posted a few of his shorts there, on my CriswellKoL channel. If Mike
objects, I will certainly take them down.

PS - Please do not feed troll. The signal level in this newsgroup is
low enough already. Let's not smother it in pointless flamewars that
only serve to feed the troll. All newsreaders should be able to block
certain authors. An unfed troll either starves to death, or leaves to
find a new feeding area.
John Butler
2007-08-27 21:07:14 UTC
Post by Criswell
I'd like to know why Mike objects to YouTube postings, because I just
posted a few of his shorts there, on my CriswellKoL channel. If Mike
objects, I will certainly take them down.
PS - Please do not feed troll. The signal level in this newsgroup is
low enough already. Let's not smother it in pointless flamewars that
only serve to feed the troll. All newsreaders should be able to block
certain authors. An unfed troll either starves to death, or leaves to
find a new feeding area.
It has been established already that it is not approved. The youtube
user who put them uponly removed the after contacting mike personally
about it.
f***@gmail.com
2007-08-27 21:20:02 UTC
Post by Criswell
I'd like to know why Mike objects to YouTube postings, because I just
posted a few of his shorts there, on my CriswellKoL channel. If Mike
objects, I will certainly take them down.
Again, youtube is a commercial entity. They make money from ads
because users go to the site to watch content. When you upload Mike's
films, youtube benefits financially because it adds to the content
uploaded, which can attract more users and click-throughs, yet Mike
gets no remuneration. This is markedly different from private users
and fans sharing copies among themselves; it is for the enjoyment of
fans without profiting financially from Mike's work.

Not sure why some people are having so much difficulty grasping this
concept.
find a new feeding area.
John Butler
about it.
Criswell
2007-08-27 23:13:35 UTC
Post by John Butler
Post by Criswell
I'd like to know why Mike objects to YouTube postings, because I just
posted a few of his shorts there, on my CriswellKoL channel. If Mike
objects, I will certainly take them down.
PS - Please do not feed troll. The signal level in this newsgroup is
low enough already. Let's not smother it in pointless flamewars that
only serve to feed the troll. All newsreaders should be able to block
certain authors. An unfed troll either starves to death, or leaves to
find a new feeding area.
It has been established already that it is not approved. The youtube
user who put them uponly removed the after contacting mike personally
about it.
It may have already been established, but I haven't been around in a
while. Down they come, then.
f***@gmail.com
2007-08-27 23:44:57 UTC
Post by Criswell
I'd like to know why Mike objects to YouTube postings, because I just
posted a few of his shorts there, on my CriswellKoL channel. If Mike
objects, I will certainly take them down.
You'll post them first, then wait for Mike to have to waste his time
and effort to contact you if he wants them down. How epicene and
obnoxious.
Ghod
2007-08-30 20:31:05 UTC
:
: You'll post them first, then wait for Mike to have to waste his time
: and effort to contact you if he wants them down. How epicene and
: obnoxious.

You're too, too kind. Lower your caffeine intake, it'll do you
wonders.